trembling but roaring

19.1.15

a favorite color


A DESCRIPTION OF BLUE:
the color of your eyes
is the most obvious place to begin 
but also my place of healing
we call it ocean
       and the atmosphere on a barren summer
       day
and my favorite nail polish
      you know, the one that helps build up a little confidence
also   the shirt you wear to church a lot
 and handicap signs
       painter’s tape
       the little boy’s section of every department store
my brother’s favorite color (probably)
   another word for sad     (why is that?)
probably my favorite color, too
             how my heart feels most of the time


2 comments :

  1. this is pure, this is holy, this touches deep, and i am in love. wowza. you blow me away gracie-girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good words and thoughts -- I like the way you say things. also, the design is great.

    ReplyDelete